We specialise in the design and manufacturing of glass roofs in an area where no other type of roof can be made. It is very important that these roofs are designed to be practical, functional and good looking. Pricing on these are normally cheaper and much faster to install than a conventional roof where a lot of construction is needed.
- Construction in steel (polyurethane coated), or timber (painted or varnished).
- 6.38mm P.V.B laminated safety glass.
- Glass choice is important to reduce heat, glare and U.V. Glass can reduce heat by 75% and U.V by 100%.
- Ventilation is important to reduce heat over large areas.
- Condensation outlets at base of frame (if needed). Moisture can pass through the frame (especially important in spa’s, bathrooms, atrium's and enclosed pool areas)
- Glass overhang with aluminium edging is important if the vertical glass or wall joins the glass roof, thus reducing stain marks.
- Structural glazing tape and structural silicone are used to secure and seal glass.
- Acrylic silicone applied between frame and wall (close hairline gaps) to complete internal finishing- flexible to prevent future hairline cracks.
- Screws and fixing bolts (covered by plastic caps).